Thanks to the way they are built Prowler Proof products require little maintenance. As a guide we recommend the following care and maintenance:
Doors and windows
1. Carefully remove any loose deposits with a wet sponge.
2. Use a soft (non abrasive) brush or cloth and a mild household detergent to remove dust, salt and other deposits.
3. Do not use steel wool, scrapers, scouring liquids or powders as these permanently scratch the coating surface.
4. Rinse off with clean fresh water.
You can safely use methylated spirits, turpentine or white spirits if paint splashes, sealants or other residue need to be removed. Avoid using harsh detergents as these could be harmful to the powder coated surface. Any detergent that recommends the use of gloves is likely to damage the powder coating. The damage may not be visible immediately and could take up to twelve months to appear.
Locks, hinges and rollers
1. Use a soft bristle brush or similar to clean the surface – avoid abrasive tools.
2. Clean with a diluted solution such as mild liquid detergent in warm water.
3. Ensure that cleaning fluids do not penetrate into the lock or cylinder.
4. Products with soft finishes – such as gold plate, lacquered brass or chrome plate – need special care.
5. Don’t allow dirt or other contaminants to build up on the surface, as these will discolour and impair the surface. Some change in colour, gloss or chalking may be expected dependent on exposure.
Key cylinders should be lubricated annually, or when there are signs of roughness when you insert or retract the key. Remove any dirt, grime and salt deposits on and around the end of the cylinder barrel, and apply a small amount of powdered graphite to the key. Insert the key into the lock barrel to maintain a smooth action.