RUOK Day is a significant event that promotes open discussions about mental health and serves as a reminder to extend a helping hand to those around us. According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics (December 2021), a considerable number of Australians have experienced mental health challenges including distress, suicidal thoughts, or behaviours. These statistics highlight the urgency of addressing mental well-being alongside physical health.
On September 14th, we organised a special Toolbox talk with our team, focusing on how to initiate conversations if we notice someone struggling. You can watch the video below to learn how to encourage meaningful discussions within your own network.
Watch the video here
At Prowler Proof we recognise the value of building strong relationships with our customers, partners, and colleagues. By fostering a culture of care and support within our team, we hope to create a positive impact that extends beyond our immediate network.
Remember, RUOK Day is not limited to a single day. We encourage each of you to take a moment, today or any day, to check in with someone you care about that you think might be struggling. A simple conversation can make a significant difference in making someone feel acknowledged, heard, and supported.
If you or someone close to you prefers to speak with someone outside of your network, below is a list of support services:
- Lifeline 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue 1300 22 46 36 - for online chat (3pm-12am AEST) or email responses within 24 hours
- MensLine Australia 1300 78 99 78
- Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800
- 13 YARN 13 92 76 - 24/7 for First Nation and Torres Strait Islander people
- SANE Australia 1800 18 7263
- headspace 1800 650 890
- youthbeyondblue 1300 224 636
- Veterans Support Service 1800 011 046
- PANDA (perinatal anxiety and depression) 1300 726 306
- Butterfly Foundation (eating disorders) 1800 334673
- QLife (LGBTQIA+) 1800 184 527
- Griefline 1300 845 745
- Grow Australia (support through peer groups) 1800 558 268
Thank you for being a part of our network.